Saturday, September 13, 2008

Home for the Weekend

Long overdue post, apologies...

We went home last weekend for the Baby Delveaux shower. We are so blessed to have an amazing support system of friends and family. First, a huge thank you to our mothers for hosting and getting everything together - you both were terrific. Second, it was phenomenal to see everyone there.

Being a boy, I ran off with the other boy (Jack) to have lunch and a beer at Titletown - soooo good! Good food, great beer, terrific company. Coming home I was a bit overwhelmed to see everyone. Neighbors, friends, friends of the family and family - what a great turnout. I shared then how fortunate we are to have such great support - it was cool! I saw my Aunt Karen and her family who I haven't seen since Uncle Cliff passed away in summer. I think about them often and they are such a strong family, it was great to see them all doing well. Our prayers continue for their strength and comfort.

Melissa showed me all the fun gadgets, what they did as well as how to use. I am still learning. I didn't need any teaching about the toys! Only to share :( Again, thank you all of coming and all the love and support. Baby Delveaux is coming into a great family.

I also had the privilege of going to Lambeau field again! Mom and I went to see the Packers take care of the Vikes. This was big for my football ego as I have been bragging my team up around the office. If we lost, I may as well have turned in my badge. Below are a few pictures of the game... dynamite! Tailgating (only like this in GB), Aaron Rodgers before his TD, final score (ahem, who won?) and Rodgers happily jogging off after victory!

Thanks to everyone for making our GB shower so amazing.
Much love,

- Adam, Melissa, Duncan and Baby Delveaux





No comments: