Monday, September 15, 2008

Booze Hound Sports Fans!?

This past weekend we had the baby shower in Minneapolis hosted by my fabulous sister-in-law at her house. (Okay, my brother lives there too!) It was so much fun. The food was as great as the company. I had a lot of good friends from work come as well as some friends we've made over the years of living here!

We started off with some food and chatting. Then, we played some games. The first game we had to guess what food was in the unlabeled food jars. Of all people, I got the most correct. I even beat out some of the gals who are mom's!! Then, we played a game similar to Balderdash for all you board gamers out there. The rule of the game was to guess what events lead up the the night of baby making. The person with the most votes won a prize and the person(s) who guessed the actual events that lead up to baby making also won a prize! None the less, most of the stories consisted of some type of sports game and alcohol (WI roots), whether on TV or at the actual game. So, interesting that everyone thinks that we are alcoholic sports junkies!! The crazy thing of it all is the person who actually got the most votes. That would be my 4 year old niece!! Melissa (my sister-in-law) asked her what she thought Auntie and Uncle like to do. In her mind, we did the dishes, played with Duncan and went to bed to sleep.

After some red cheeks and lots of laughs, we opened some gifts. We got a lot of great things from books and toys to clothes and butt paste for those diaper rashes! One of my good friends made a diaper tree. Check it out!

We thank everyone who came out and brought some wonderful gifts for the baby. We are very blessed to have such great friends and family!! I go this Friday again for my 36 week check up. I will keep you all posted on anything new. It could be any day now!!

Love,
The Delveaux's



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww! I still feel awful I missed it :(

It looks like you had a blast, Mel!