She asked my dad if he wanted them anymore, being a bit of a pyro and having already burned her unmentionables, she had an itch to toss them in. Now, my dad is a smart cookie - but I don't think he understood what he was signing his shoes up for. Either that, or he had a change of heart because after they went in the fire the tears came... and came...
It made for a fun story growing up for dad and Grandma Karen. It makes an even better story for me, I laughed my socks off.
Lucky for me, I got the best end of the deal. Once Grandma knew a baby was on the way - the first gift was a pair of red Converse hightops, just like dads old ones. If I may say so myself, I look pretty fly with them on my feet.
Much love,
- Jacob
3 comments:
Just so you know the "rest of the story" ...
Those who play with fire have several things that can happen to them. Grandma Karen wet the bed that night for playing with fire.
So if you ever happen to wet the bed Jacob, just remember. It is probably because your Grandma Karen was playing with fire!!
UMD
Hey Jake,
Grandma K here....just wanted to let you know that your UMD likes to pick on me a lot. I am sure that as you grow up you will realize that MOST of what he tells you isn't EXACTLY the truth. But I bet you can already tell that!!!
Can't wait to see you again. Hugs and kisses.
Grandma K
hmmmm...was this the SAME night she went into the pool with her clothes on? Mush have been one of those ARBOR MIST nights
Post a Comment